Thursday 3 December 2009

Dec 3 2009

To that one follower out there...apologies for not writing for months and then being boring when I did start to write.

Today I am thankful to have a job. I watched people around me receive phone calls to 'come downstairs' which really meant 'you don't have a job here anymore' It's never nice. I imagine what it must be like to phone your family and tell them that kind of news; what situation it must put you in to suddenly be on your way home in the middle of the day when it feels like the rest of the world is at work, where you're supposed to be. I felt bad for everyone who got called down, but at the same time, so selfishly relieved that it wasn't me. I got to be one of those left behind as we gathered in groups to whisper and wonder and breath a sigh of relief.

Monday I was proud of the fact that I made a shopping list, stuck to it and had a menu plan for the week. Today I am over that and just want to get a pizza for dinner. By not freezing things, I'm forcing myself to cook them and it's good for our finances and good for our health, but I still resent it.

I'm off tomorrow to tackle a personal to do list (as opposed to the work one). I'm looking forward to getting random stuff done prior to our weekend house-guest and hopefully manage a walk with the dog. Ah, the dog. The best thing that's happened in ages. I don't know how people with children leave them to go to work because I am missing the dog every day and sometimes wonder how I could swing it to work from home just so she doesn't have to be alone. I act like it would be for her, but really it would be for me because she's so absolutely lovely. I've turned into one of those dog people.

3 comments:

Shelly S. said...

Welcome back! I hadn't given up on you...I knew you'd be back eventually. We always come back eventually, don't we? And frankly, I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one who's guilty of these long blog hiatuses. As you can see - mine is currently gathering dust (again) as well. Not forever probably, there are a million things to write about but it never seems to get written. In any case - I'm glad you still have a job. My husband lost his November 5th. It was...surreal. I've never dealt with a situation like that. We've only been in our house 6 months and there was no small amount of panic inside me when he called me with the news. However - it's okay. We're okay. Life goes on and you adjust. It's not the end of the world - it's probably just another way the universe conspires to keep us on our toes. Good luck with your new gym! I am currently letting my membership lapse -- for a lot of different reasons, but right now it feels like the right choice. Congrats, as well, on the dog! I get it. I'm one of those dog people myself. And frankly, there's NOTHING that can cure a bad day faster than a wiggily little animal who is over the moon to see you no matter how long it's been. It's good to "see" you again, old friend. :)

Shelly S. said...

I don't know if you're still around or if I'm the only one haunting this ghost town, but I check in here from time to time. Wanted to let you know that I'm blogging again -- we're trying to adopt so it's basically our adoption journey. If you're interested, you can find me at: http://shellyandtodd.blogspot.com
I hope you are well!

Shelly S. said...

Oh - P.S. I guess my name changed too - whoops! Ha! Team Suhr -- a.k.a. Seussie. :)